I was talking to someone who is bilingual in Spanish and English, and he said that when he was dealing with some people in Texas for work, they would use a different kind of Spanglish by attaching Spanish grammar to English words, and vice-versa.

For instance, he was talking to a guy who said a windshield was "crackiado" instead of "rajado". I think that's really cool, though a purist would think that's just so wrong. But there's so much language mixture in the US, I'm not surprised they ended up with "crackiado". I wonder if there's a list of such words out there.

No comments: